Full Job Description
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Operations Supervisor assists the Operations Manager or Sr. Operations Manager to manage the operations and personnel for a shift of a particular location. The Operations Supervisor may have supervisory duties of employees on a shift, including but not limited to: Technicians In-Charge, Customer Service Coordinators, Technicians, and Service Employees. The Operations Supervisor must be able to accomplish results and ensure business objectives and labor requirements are met. The Operations Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the customers’ needs are being met while balancing financial, operating, quality, safety and asset targets against the requirements of the business. This position is responsible for the management of the location performance against metrics to meet and/or exceed assigned objectives. The Operations Supervisor should be cross functionally trained in order to be able to back up others within the shop. As with all FMS Shop positions, the SS is responsible for adhering to all Ryder Maintenance Operations policies and procedures. This may also be a development position to prepare incumbents for the Operations Manager role.
Work Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Weekly Pay
- Annual Merit increase
- Health Benefit after 30 days
- RRSP and stock options
- Friendly and safe working environment
- Employee perks and discounts
- Internal Opportunities for growth
- Responsible for work analysis, planning and scheduling, scheduling and assigning work to technicians, productivity tracking and optimization, shift and shop meetings, and RO review and approval Ensures all warranty policies and procedures are executed
- Responsible for Triage of unscheduled customer drive-ins, and for communicating with customers and assigning work to technicians as appropriate
- Conducting yard checks to ensure proper work scheduling and prioritization
- Providing management, training and development of all personnel assigned
- Responsible for Performance Management of all assigned personnel
- Responsible for customer relationship management to include issue resolutions, customer satisfaction and retention, as well as ensuring vehicle uptime
- Responsible for customer communication protocol as it pertains to PM Scheduling & follow-up, breakdowns and vehicle status updates
- Conducting customer visits as required by the Customer Care Plan
- Directing his/her direct reports in maintaining the appearance and maintenance of assigned location, including sustaining 65 standards in all relevant shop areas of responsibility
- Evaluating needs and makes recommendation for shop tooling and equipment requirements
- Assisting in the management and oversight of vehicle specifications and vehicle in· service/out-service process
- Assisting in ensuring all vehicles have required specifications in SAM
- Responsible for Parts Inventory management, policies and procedures
- Responsible for Quality Inspections of PM & repairs, as well as performing In Process Reviews of non-PM work.
- Performing breakdown root cause analysis, implement corrective actions locally, and when necessary, communicate issues to Technical Assistance Center.
- Ensuring Cleanliness and quality of repair for all maintained vehicles
- Working with Service Manager to ensure all technicians are properly trained and qualified, and TOPS plan is prioritized based upon Breakdown, Rework and Running Cost trends
- Maintaining control/visibility over shop floor activities to ensure proper root cause diagnosis by technicians and that the yield on all parts/components is optimized
- Assisting in the development and ensure implementation of Quality Assurance Audit Corrective Action plans and Continuous Improvement programs
- Accountable for maintenance of all relevant documentation required to meet and/or exceed local, state, federal, as well as customer requirements
- Ensure Employee compliance with Safety and EPA regulations and requirements Responsible for ensuring shift/shop delivers against Net Maintenance Cost per Unit objectives without sacrificing quality, safety or customer satisfaction
- Responsible for cost control measures related to maintenance operations budget and location P&L statement to meet financial objectives
- Responsible for successful execution of Maintenance Initiatives to attain or exceed specified financial targets
- Responsible for Payroll, Purchase Order approval, as warranted, and invoice reconciliation, and fuel reconciliation
- Responsible for the customer bill back process to include identification, review and approval of bill back opportunities
- Responsible for ensuring proper documentation and explanation/ reporting of re- billable activity Ensure data integrity in the Shop Management Online system
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Category: Maintenance
Ryder is an equal opportunity employer. We value Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
In accordance with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Ryder welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and assessment process. Should you require an accommodation, please inform the Human Resources representative of the nature of the accommodation requested so that we may discuss your needs with you. If you require assistance in order to apply please contact us at 226-213.
– Health Benefits