In the ‘International Mobility Program’ (IMP), Indian nationals can be hired on work permits by Canadian employers. The Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is not required under this program.
This program may be useful for Indian companies and businesses who are interested to expand their services and products in Canada and needs to transfer their management or support staff to Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), and the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) are jointly managing the International Mobility Program.
The primary goals of this program include:
When is the LMIA not required?
Any jobs or positions in Canada by means of which Canada’s economy gets a boost, do not require the LMIA. Jobs that enable new cultural and economic benefits to accrue will not need an LMIA.
Any jobs giving reciprocal benefits to permanent residents and citizens of Canada are included under this program.
Eligibility Criteria for the Program
- Any worker employed under certain trade agreements- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and many more
- Persons entering Canada using an open work permit
- Persons entering Canada as inter-company transferees
Application Process of the Program
- In the IRCC employer portal, a Canadian employer needs to make an account and populates it with their company profile
- The employer completes the job profile with details like experience, education, wages, benefits available
- Using IRCC’s Employer Portal, the employer makes the job offer to the successful candidate
- Upon submission of the job, the employer sends the unique employment number which is auto-generated to the successful candidate
- The successful candidate completes the application for the work permit and includes the unique employment number too
The successful candidate is eligible to receive many documents upon the approval of the work permit application:
When a selected candidate is outside Canada:
- A letter of introduction
- A work permit is issued at a Canadian port of entry
- When the selected candidate is present inside Canada, a work permit is granted to them.
- Connect with us today to work towards your dreams of securing a better future for you and your family.